Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Lortabs

I haven't posted since Monday, needless to say it's been a long week. I spent last night at the ER! The only other time I've been at the hospital was when I was delivering my child.

So last Saturday I helped host a baby shower and there happened to be a moon bounce there for the older kiddos to play. Well, after the shower died down, me and my two other friends were so enticed by the giant inflatable attraction we decided to jump. Being the cheerleader I am (and now classify as a "was") I decided to do a flip. I didn't do a back flip because I just knew I would hurt my back. And for other reasons I haven't done one in the last six years. So instead I did a front flip. Harmless right?

Wrong! After that front flip I thought I pinched a nerve. I felt a sharp pain in my neck, shoulder, and chest. And it hurt to take a deep breath. But I shook it off, you know, tough girl style. And kept shaking it off for the next five days. Thankfully I didn't try to exercise this week otherwise I might have died. Not really but it would have sucked more than normal.

So Thursday rolls around and the pain hasn't gone away, it's only gotten worse. We went to bible study and didn't last but a few minutes so we trekked on over to ER.

Anxiously awaiting and trying not the breath they finally called my name to go back. After the doctor came in he gave me two lortabs and told me to wait for an x-ray. I didn't even take lortabs after I gave birth to my child, just tylenol. So you can imagine the pain.

About 10-20 minutes later I felt FANTASTIC! No more pain. I could take normal and deep breaths. It was wonderful. The x-ray came back fine and I was released with a muscle strain in my chest.

Last time I ever do a flip. Oh the days of my cheerleading career are definitely OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment