Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It takes a village to raise a child...

We recently just celebrated my daughter's 1st birthday. She officially turns a year old this Thursday :/ With my mother's help we threw the grandest first birthday. We had a candy table, chocolate covered strawberries, delicious cupcakes, and a bounce house. I just realized that none of which my child took part in... parties at this age are more for the adults anyways, right??

One idea I had I swiped from my best friend B-Linn -- special notes written by guests to Gavi.  Later as I was reading through the cards I was overwhelmed with a since of humbleness, love, and new appreciation for our friends and family. So many of the cards wrote things that described how much the Lord loved her, how she was the daughter of a King, and their prayers over her life. These words touched my heart. I was amazed at the amount of hope and love that our friends and family had for our child.

I know that Aaron and I are blessed to have the friends and family that we do. They are very supportive and loving. But for someone to also bestow that same encouragement to the one person you love like no other, it's a different feeling. At first, I thought, how incredibly blessed is our child. To be surrounded by these people who love and care for her just as much as we, her parents, do. Then I thought, how incredibly blessed are we to be surrounded by these people also. I guess in some way I took their relationship for granted; Never realizing what true friends they really are.

I have no worries that my child will be raised in a community that loves the Lord, that will help shape her, guide her, and love her as their own. Heaven forbid, that Aaron and I leave this earth before we are ready, but I have full faith in the people surrounding her that they will grow her up in a way that is pleasing the Lord.

So thank you to all of our friends and family. We would not be the same people we are today without you. We love you more than we could ever express. And we are indebted to you for your presence in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment